Sunday, August 28, 2011

Of Raya

Raya is just around the corner.
Reminiscing back to the old days when I used to get duit raya.
Dayme man, when I was little, I got a lot of duit raya.
Now, no one will give me, not even a dime.
That's one of the things I have to live when being a young man.
Thank god I didn't get a job yet, or I have to give out duit raya.

For the first time, since I don't know when,
I've spent a lot of cash for raya.
But, not on clothes,but for my DSLR accessories.
Spent about 1K on a speedlight,
and thats a cheap for a speedlight.
The retail price was about 1200.
But, its a necessary buy for a hobbyist like me.

Raya nowadays is not like the old days.
It used to be fun, where family members gather and gossip until the wee hours of the morning.
But, nowadays,
for me at least,
my family went balik kampung after a days stay.
Its no fun at all.
No more playing with your nieces and nephews.
No more playing in the river under the highway.
No more meriam buluh battle the the other village.

Oh I wish I was in the old days.

No comments: